My Best Friend

My Best Friend

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Using Wiki in My Classroom

Using Wiki in the Classroom

Using the Wiki in my classroom would be a very valuable asset. My students would use this technology daily to reflect on their personal experiences based on the assignments given. I would have a group of students responsible for the content and for monitoring the site on a weekly bases. The wiki would consist of personal reflections, questions and answers each student could add too. For the monthly field trips we would use the wiki to plan our class trips. We would list the things needed per student and have a check list so each student could keep track of the needed materials so we would have everything we needed before we departed. I would expect each student to do a short story of our trip, the things they saw and learned so by the end of the semester, we would have a written account of the years experiences. I would use the Wiki as the end of year final allowing the students to create a portfolio of the years assignments, listing how the experience of using a wiki changed they way they were able to learn.

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas, Amie!
    I love your thought of having a group of students responsible for the content and monitoring~ This creates managerial and team work experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roxanne! If I were a teacher that is what I would expect. The students now a days are further advanced than my age group. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete